Tuesday 28 June 2011

Guilty Pleasures......

I don't usually get cravings for sweet things since baking for a living but today I feel like some cheesecake or brownies........ does anyone else for guilty for NOT wanting to bake for yourself?? I want to sit down with something and enjoy it straight away, not have to bake it first!! (Although that said, I do feel guilty if I don't make my own!)

Another question is where to buy them from, a supermarket and I know it won't be as good as homemade, farm shop and they will be good but what farm shops are open at 4.30 pm?? Where do all you bakers out there, dare I say it, BUY cakes or puddings from? And what is your guilty pleasure?


One thing I love is a packet of Bourbon biscuits and a big mug of tea to dunk them in!! And yes, I have been known to get through a whole packet! Doughnuts are another weakness of mine, I have made Ring doughnuts..... they were cute but heavier than shop bought and I also tried Lemon Meringue Doughnuts, they looked like profiteroles but I am assured they were very nice..... they didn't last long enough for me to try so that must be a good sign! Bite sized doughnut balls, filled with Lemon curd and topped with a toasted meringue....  Now I want doughnuts, brownies and cheesecake, oh and Bourbons and a mug of tea!!


Maybe I should find some housework to do and earn them? 

Well todays ramblings are over, would love to hear about your Guilty Pleasures and if you ever buy cakes and puddings......

Happy eating and baking!


Kate xx





 

No comments:

Post a Comment